Thursday, October 8, 2009

Speechless

I look at this picture and just can't come up with a lot of words, it's more the emotions it engenders. It's the shortie., it's the docksiders, it's the proud stroll of a great man, with a great stash, the best laugh in the world, feeling good because he's got a crew of homies waiting in their shorties to take the derby, the world by storm. This pictures is the Notre Dame football team slapping the "Play Like a Champion Today" banner on their way to the field. This picture pushes me to the edge of a building thinking I can fly, then I realize I don't have wings and would die. This isn't a picture. This is shortie. Shortie. tells me to eat 4 burgers when 1 will do. Shortie. says to me, "pursue the hot one, you can crush it". Shortie. talks and you listen. Shortie. gives me the ability to speed past my own limitations. If the world is governed at 45mph, I set the cruise at 85, shortie. I don't put on my shortie. You put on fronts, facades, gimmicks, falsehoods. Shortie. is something you are in. I'm in this life. I'm in this world. One world. One love. One outfit. SHORTIE.

1 comment: